MISSION & VISION
1. What is your accelerator’s mission (in one sentence)?
2. What specific elements make your accelerator model stand out?
3. What experiences prepare your team for this?
1. What gaps does or will your accelerator fill? (Geography? Underserved communities? Industries?)
2. What are the specifics of your model and how will it accomplish the above?
3. For existing accelerators what metrics do you use and what have been your successes to date?
4. For existing accelerators, what are the overall statistics of your start-up life cycle (entities that have grown, become commercially viable, and had a sustained economic impact)? Please provide clear examples of success stories.
1. What is your plan for the prize money if you win?
2. If you are an existing accelerator using the funds to scale up, provide details of current operations, phases for scale up and website; OR
3. If you are creating a new accelerator, provide basics of business plan and phases for implementation.
4. Aside from the founding team members, what do you look for in staff?
5. What are the largest risk factors you see?
1. What are your fundraising goals or metrics? (aside from the 4-to-1 match)
2. Is there a plan in place to secure/work to secure funds (cash, in-kind donations, or sponsorships) in a 4-to-1 proportion to theorize dollars received?
3. Aside from metrics required by SBA (see below), what are 5 key metrics you will use to self-evaluate?
4. What does success look like?